Every day, it seems a new artificial intelligence (AI) app is launched to help job seekers land their next role. These tools are changing the way we live, and can be beneficial in many ways, including:
- Searching Job Boards: Instead of sifting through Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and other sites, AI tools can do the work for you. Input your skills and interests, set up a prompt, and the tool will find relevant roles that match your criteria.
- Crafting Resumes: There are great AI tools that will develop well formatted resumes. Some can score your resume against job descriptions, and create multiple versions for different roles.
- Interview Preparation: This is the coolest. You record your answer to a question, and AI will analyze your response and provide feedback against a variety of criteria. It can even predict what questions might be asked by company/industry.
- Networking: There are tools that can help identify people in your area of interest that you can connect with to help your job hunt.
While these tools can be extremely useful and powerful, all should be used with caution. AI is at the beginning of its journey, so it's important to be aware of the risks.
- Bias: AI had to start somewhere, and depending on what data was used, the system may be biased. This could result in answers that exclude or omit data that might be relevant to you, and lead to an inaccurate representation of your skills or experience.
- Privacy: AI systems collect data about job seekers, and this data could be used for purposes other than job search. It is important to read the privacy policies of any AI-powered tool before using it.
- Inaccuracy: Sometimes, AI is just wrong. Remember to review anything the tools output for accuracy, and make sure you tailor it to your needs.
AI is a game changer across many industries, and the recruiting/selection process is not immune. However, only relying on AI will limit the effectiveness of your job search strategy. By leveraging AI in combination with a service like PopCandi, job seekers can benefit from more personalized and targeted job opportunities, as well as access to valuable career resources and advice.
Check out www.popcandi.com for more information!